Updated throughout the day, City Broadcasters will be bringing you all the top news stories from your area.
– Police are appealing for the victim of a homophobic attack in East London. The man was told to “get out of here” because “it is a Muslim area”. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21175721
– The UK Border Agency have admitted over 16,000 cases are backlogged in its system. Some of the cases delayed have been waiting over 10 years to hear if their partners has permission to live in the UK. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21170495
– Councils could lose responsibility for adoption if they fail to become more efficient. The Department for Education estimates that there are around4,600 children waiting to be adopted in England. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/9821971/Councils-to-be-stripped-of-adoption-role-under-new-plans-to-cut-backlog.html
– The number of assaults on male prisoners has risen by a third in London over the last 4 years. In the same period, assaults on female prisoners fell. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21159302
– The ballboy kicked my a Chelsea footballer had earlier tweeted about wasting time at the match. Footballer Eden Hazard kicked the boy after he refused to give the football back. http://news.sky.com/story/1042073/chelsea-kick-ballboy-made-timewasting-joke